"though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand." Psalm 37:24

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Juggling Hats

Today has been another busy day of juggling hats - mommy hat, chef hat, stylist hat, hairdresser hat, taxi driver hat - you get the picture. Miss Priss doesn't have preschool on Tues. and Thurs., so I try to make it a point to stay put & not go anywhere until it's time for her dance class. I can accomplish so much more this way!

I started out the morning w/ a new recipe that was given to me in the grocery store by the mom of an old friend of mine from high school. The recipe was for flourless peanut butter cookies, and they turned out great! I whipped up a double batch & got the first pan baked & cooled in enough time to make it in to today's lunchboxes. All you have to do is combine 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 beaten egg for the dough. Make tablespoon size balls & press down w/ the tines of a fork & bake at 350 degrees. It doesn't take them long to bake, but I regret to say that I didn't really watch the time. I'll try to get that next time I bake them.

So, that means that I fed & dressed the boys, baked cookies, & packed lunches all before 7AM! I'm impressed w/ myself!! I continued to scramble around cleaning, planning, etc. until it was time to take Miss Priss & her friend to their dance class in the afternoon, and it became crazy from that point on! The boys returned from school, and JG had a bad day. His bad day wasn't going to work well w/ our busy evening of soccer ahead, so I had to put a call in for Super Nanna to come to the rescue! And she did, thank the Lord!! I got Miss Priss & JG bathed, fed the whole gang, and took B to the soccer field for his game - all by myself. It was beyond pleasant!! And JG was able to spend the evening relaxing, as well, which is exactly what he needed. It was a win-win for everyone involved!!

Today's Menu:
Breakfast: Chex cereal, Rice Dream, & orange juice
Lunchbox: rolled up deli ham, grapes, carrots, & water
Snack: peanut butter cookies & Juicy Juice
Afterschool Snack: smoothies made w/ ginger ale & frozen mixed berries
Dinner: leftover taco salad

No comments:

Post a Comment