"though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand." Psalm 37:24

Thursday, September 23, 2010

C-R-A-Z-Y

Yes, I'm crazy,... and it's been crazy busy! And my DSL has been driving me crazy! If Sesame Street can have a word of the day, I can claim a word of the week!! I do apologize, though, for not posting for a whole week! Weekends are always nutty, and the hubby being home means that I have one more person to give some attention. Plus, the hubby has actually been in town this whole week. Although, it has been fantastic to have an extra pair of hands to make mornings go a bit easier w/ JG. He has someone else that can keep him on task while I'm making lunches! AND, we just plain missed him!

I don't think that I could possibly catch up on all of the food that we've eaten this week, but I can tell you about the new recipe that I tried out this morning. Gluten Free Banana Bread,... and it is soooooooooo yummy!! The all purpose flour that I used was from Gluten Free Pantry. I would choose this gluten free version of banana bread over the original version any day!! It turned out perfectly golden brown and oh so moist! LOVE IT! I'll be adding that to my permanent file, right along w/ the Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies!

I've also had a major accomplishment amongst the siblings this week! On Tuesday afternoon I was scrambling around trying to complete some errands when it was time for the boys to get home from school. So, I met them at the house, unlocked the front door, and sent them in w/ instructions to get busy on their homework while I finished my running around. I certainly didn't expect them to listen!! When I called to check on them, B said that he was working on JG's practice spelling test w/ him & they were almost done w/ homework. Homework w/ JG makes me want to pull my hair out!! And B had him almost finished in less than an hour! I was amazed!!!! I praised B profusely, and JG said that he was his favorite person to do homework w/ - WOW! If only that could happen every afternoon!

Today's Menu:

Breakfast: Chex, Rice Dream, and orange juice
Lunchbox: leftover Chinese string beans & chicken w/ rice w/ plums
Snack: Crunchmaster Multi-Seeded Crackers w/ peanut butter
Afterschool Snack: Gluten Free Banana Bread
Dinner: deer burgers, baked potatoes, & steamed broccoli

1 comment:

  1. Jen...I know it is not easy for you but you make it sound so simple. I want to come and eat at your house!!!!

    ReplyDelete